Wednesday, January 16, 2008

UP slambook

1. Student number?
93-16168

2. College?
Asian Institute of Tourism (UP Diliman)
There'll be another one hopefully this year.

3. Course?
BS Tourism

4. Did you shift or get kicked out?
Shifted because I couldn't imagine myself teaching. I was an English major. Current job: teacher!

5. Where'd you take the UPCAT?

Crap, I don't remember. It's that building near AS.

6. Favorite GE subject?
Humanities II. Music, movies, sculpture, wow. Discovered the brilliance of The Beatles through this class.

7. Favorite PE?
Social dance, he he he. I wanted to get into the marksmanship class, so I delayed taking it until my senior year when we were supposed to be given priority. However, it wasn't offered that semester when I was supposed to take it, so I had to settle for...Philippine games!

8. Where'd you do guy/girl watching?
Wherever I was holed up. I was a nerd, so, um, main lib steps?

9. Favorite professor(s)
My Humanities II instructor (forgot her name), and Prof. Rodriguez in AIT.

10. Most hated GE courses?
The Science and Math courses, and also Philo and Soc Sci.

11. Did you take Wednesday or Saturday courses?
Wednesday yes. I didn't have to, but I wanted the allowance. Saturday we had to do ROTC (hello Jing Gaddi of Tungaw and Ang Bandang Shirley! You used to bring us our overpriced Spanish bread and Coke when we were in Charlie and Alpha Infantry).

12. Did you go on field trips?
Yes, we went to my town in Taal, Batangas for P.I. 100, among other places. Laguna, Rizal, usual places.

13. Did you ever become College Scholar or University Scholar?
I didn't care much about my grades, and I regret that. Didn't get any failing grades though. I think I was College Scholar once. I wish I could turn back time and do everything all over again. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I want to go back to school, to sort of correct that.

14. What were your organisations/fraternities/sororities?
None! Unbelievable. I was very active in high school, but did a complete turnaround in UP. I almost joined Kontra-Gapi, but my blockmates abandoned me, and I was too shy to apply alone. I joined an organization for English majors, but it folded up immediately after I joined. Malas!

15. Where did you hang out?
UP Main Library and AIT Library. High school and college, my buddies were library people.

16. Dorm, boarding house, or staying at home?
Lived with my aunt in San Juan. Had to be home by 7pm for dinner, that's why I never did anything in UP in the evening and was hesitant to join any org. I was robbed!

17. If there was no UPCAT and you were free to choose your course, what would it be (given your mental state during high school)?
I had no idea what I wanted to do when I was 16. I was already working when I realized what I really wanted to do with my.

18. Who was the first student you met in UP?
Two girls in Social Dance class (it was my first class ever in UP). Forgot their names though. Among my blockmates in CAL, I would say Alman Dave Quiboquibo, who's now a lawyer.

19. First play that you saw in UP?
The Portrait of An Artist as Filipino at the Wilfrido Ma. Guerrero Theater.

20. What were the 5 most coño orgs.
Never cared about the orgs. I would say AIESEC, ECOSOC, JPIA, and others.

21. What were the coolest organisations/fraternities/sororities?
I really wanted to join Kontra-Gapi and Amnesty International. The Kontra guys were the ethnic guys, and the AI guys were rockers and goths and mountaineers. Babaw 'no? I also wanted to join UP Repertory, but I felt intimidated by the members. Also wanted to be in Ugnayan ng Pahinungod.

22. Was there a fraternity/sorority that recruited you?

None. Somebody from a cultish Christian church tried to talk me into joining them, but I was aware of their group so I just focused my attention on the passing cars as he talked. Two years later, he again approached me. He probably forgot that he already failed once.

23. Where'd you have lunch usually?

Green House (where everything tasted the same because they used the same gravy on everything), Beach House, that burger place in Vinzon's. Never set foot in CASAA until sophomore year.

24. Were you happy in UP?

Very. It was a totally new experience for somebody from the province. Very heady.

25. Were you ever part of a rally?
No. I wish I was.

26. How many times did you vote during the student council elections?
Everytime, except once when I had to be in Batangas.

27. Name at least 5 leftist groups in UP.
SAMASA? Forgot the others.

28. Did you ever wish for laude status when you were a freshman?
See no. 13.

29. Who did you have the hots for?
None, but I had this really beautiful blockmate. We got close (I think). Now she's in Europe, married.

30. If you failed the UPCAT what was Plan B?
None. I'm very thankful I passed. Couldn't imagine how my life would have turned out.

No comments: