Monday, October 20, 2008

Kasalan, kainan, tugtugan

My brother's wedding.

Date: October 18, 2008
Ceremony venue: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Shrine Parish, San Juan
Reception venue: Oasis Garden (kanto lang, walking distance)
The wedding singers: Ang Bandang Shirley!

Being the Best Man, I gave the toast (heavily edited na), which went:

"I've actually prepared a speech in which I'm supposed to lie and say that I did not prepare any speech. I don't really know how this is supposed to work. My only reference is Steve Buscemi's drunken speech in Adam Sandler's The Wedding Singer, and that didn't go too well.

"From what I hear, marriage is a beautiful thing, a blissful union of two wayward souls. I also hear that it can make couples feel hurt, jealous, anxious, psychologically deranged, and worst, extremely overweight. But enough about me. This night belongs to my uncharacteristically overdressed brother, and my newly-minted sister-in-law.

"Guys please stand up. Marriage is a serious matter. But I believe that if something doesn't even make you a bit nervous, then it is not worth doing. So let me propose a toast, for Pocholo and Lyra, for the love they share, and for a cool and funky married life."

Cheers!




(Click any image to see more photos)
(Click any image to see more photos)

No comments: